View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:09
Registered Member

Plan: PPP, Atkins
Stats: 285/274/165
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Oh ketones, ketones, whereforeartthou, ketones??

Hey everyone.

I'm a week into the protein power plan and I really haven't been spilling much by way of ketones, into my urine. Last night I bought the Atkins books (BJ's-cheap) and they insist your strips should be turning purple to be in ketosis. PPP states not to panic if yours don't especially if you are well hydrated ( I drink over 100oz of water alone daily). My weight has stalled too. I'm eating only 30 grams carbs daily. I've even cut out the lo carb bars because I used a hidden carb calculator and found a bunch hiding. At any rate. I'm debating whether or not to follow atkins induction at 20 gr carbs. It's different from PPP because with PPP you can subtract the dietary fiber from you carbs, and with Atkins you can't I believe. Luckily I've not been hungry too much this week (only 1 night)

I was hoping that because I'm weight lifting at the gym maybe I'm bulking up my muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Also, I've noticed my legs and bum are a bit smaller. Maybe I'm just being a neurotic newbie, but I was hoping to be in ketosis (my strips only turn )light pink, which is small) by now.

Insight would be great.

Thanks!

Sharon
Sponsored Links