View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 12:09

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Decisions about meds

I have been a type II diabetic for 5 years. The past two years I have taken glucotrol 5 mg and immediately put on 15 pounds.

My doctor has talked to me and tried me on several meds that work to help your boby sensitize insullin better. Actos, I was on a month, but felt really yucky the whole time, Avandia I could only take two days, I was so sick I don't even remember those two days.

I had tried glucophage at one time, the doctor switched me for a week from glucotrol to glucophage -- I immediately dropped 10 pounds but was ill a lot, had trouble eating because I was so nauseous, so went back on the glucotrol and yep, gained the weight back.

My doctor has said that glucotrol will make me retain fat, and I have read a lot on it and find that to be true. I read somewhere on this site where someone said it took a couple of months to get used to the glucophage.

What I am thinking is on my next visit (in a few weeks) is to try the glucophage xr, but ask if I can introduce it in my system slower and go off the glucotrol like he has talked to me about. I also read to take it with your evening meal, previously I take all meds in the morning -- would this help with nausea?

I know I will need to stay on something until I get my sugars lower and stabilized there and I know lowering the pounds will help in that.

My weight has fluctuated, but I am now at a 1 pound loss, and I am hoping changing the meds will help me all the way around.

Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links