#94   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:23
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Maggie:

What kinds of workouts are you looking to do?

As Red says, I did the complete challenge and saw a loss of only 3 lbs, but had good results with body composition changes. I didn't see anything until about week 10. I was getting so frustrated, I wanted to quit. But other people told me to hang in so I did. One thing that happened was that I switched from a traditional MC/LF BFL to a lower carb BFL later on in my challenge. I think the changeup really helped. I'm learning that the body responds to constant changes in exercise and diet. Never let it catch on to what you're doing!

Anyway, I can upload my before and afters if you want. I didn't have a lot to lose, mostly weight I'd gained from my high estrogen levels - and I'm not built like, well Built.... but they may help you if you want to see them.

Not to push you into continuing BFL or anything b/c ultimately you have to be happy with your workouts - you're doing them, no one else.

Quote:
Did you see your doctor? If so, what happened? I'm curious....
Yes, I saw him yesterday. We decided to go the thyroid replacement route given my symptoms and lab results. I'm on 30mg natural thyroid, twice daily (but I'm taking half the dosage for now to ease into it). So I'll see how this goes for now and make changes if need be. My doctor says he hasn't had a lot of success treating Wilson's, so that's on hold for now. But I am hoping this hypoT is only transient. LOL, how's that for wishful thinking!

I'll be really happy if I can lose this weight, have more energy and hold a complex thought for 10 minutes.

Thanks Maggie!

Wanda