View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 21:59
Registered Member

Plan: anpb diet
Stats: 228/221/215 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 54%

You must not carb load that heavy then. I am sure I would get back into ketosis much faster if I didn't do such an extreme carb load. This is the amount of carbs I load with:

First 4 meals=105 grams dextrose
next 4 meals=80 grams from instant mashed potatos
next 4 meals=65 grams from corn flakes
next 8 meals=65 grams from pasta

My wife does 2/3 of that and she weighs 140lbs and it works great.

I never get into ketosis until I am done working out every muscle group. The amount of glycogen stored in my muscles with that kind of carb load makes it impossible. I think doing my upper body first is best as there is much more glycogen in my upper body than my lower body. Legs are always painful anyhow so the second day is best for me. I am in ketosis now and I also worked out heavier and more intense on sun and mon than I ever have. I am in pain. Hoping to feel better in the morning. GOing to do legs in the morning. I actually did legs on sun because that is the way it worked into my lifting schedule. So lower body tomorrow and upper body on friday. Then carb load on sunday and mon. Then lift agin on wed. Kind of overtraining if you ask me. But oh well. Will then probably go high carbs all week long and then go low carbs about 150 grams per day. Will keep protein at 300 grams per day.