Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo
I think if she did a better job on her carb up she would do much better.

I average 8 lbs on my carbup. Much tighter and fuller muscles than before I start the diet. Also much stronger as well. Bodyopus was the only diet that I truly gained alot of muscle mass while losing fat. I am basically doing that now except eating all natural peanut butter and protein powder and sometimes skipping the ANPB for flax oil. One thing I do know is that if you carb load without doing a depletion workout you can really screw up your results. I am willing to be money that if she did a depletion workout friday morning and then started to carb load by eating every 2 hours for the next 36 hours she would lose more fat. She would be stronger too and that would yeild more muscle gains and faster metabolism.

I agree with you here that she's not doing CKD correctly, and that's why she's not getting good results from it.

But this part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo
Just because you have a so called degree doesn't make you 100% correct. You can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I know I do it all the time.

Thunder has an ACTUAL degree, which is neither here nor there. I have two science degrees, for what it's worth. Who cares.

But where are you getting that anyone suggested that you can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? I just re-read this thread carefully, and I guess I'm missing it. This has been MY point in emphasizing more weight training - it speeds this process. You can't put on mass OPTIMALLY while losing fat, but you certainly can gain SOME muscle doing so. And it'll speed up fat loss while you're dieting.