Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: anpb diet
Stats: 228/221/215 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
She won't put on much lean mass if she's lifting AND dieting. What it WILL do for her is lean her out. I stopped relying on cardio and swithed my focus to heavier and more intense lifting to drop the 40-odd pounds of fat I've lost in the last three years. Long, slow cardio sessions with very little lifting may work for some folks, but they never worked for me, and they're not working for amyella either.

I think if she did a better job on her carb up she would do much better.

I average 8 lbs on my carbup. Much tighter and fuller muscles than before I start the diet. Also much stronger as well. Bodyopus was the only diet that I truly gained alot of muscle mass while losing fat. I am basically doing that now except eating all natural peanut butter and protein powder and sometimes skipping the ANPB for flax oil. One thing I do know is that if you carb load without doing a depletion workout you can really screw up your results. I am willing to be money that if she did a depletion workout friday morning and then started to carb load by eating every 2 hours for the next 36 hours she would lose more fat. She would be stronger too and that would yeild more muscle gains and faster metabolism.