Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 10:54
Registered Member

Plan: n/a
Stats: /235/235 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo
Unfortuanately I took a 13 month layoff from the gym so I have a ways to go. I never train more than 7 months a year. In fact over the last 5 years I have spent a total of 15 months in the gym. I will post a picture in about another 3 months. By then I should be around 240lbs at 15%.

Lifting on a empty stomache is not as bad as you think. Remember I am still getting 6 meals in per day after I train. For fat loss I believe on a empty stomache is the best. So do many elite gurus. I just know it works for me. Now when I start bulking I still do it on a empty stomache. The reason why I do this is to get the most insulin rush as possible. If you hit your body on a empty stomache you deplete your glycogen stores more than if ate a meal. The net result will be more of an insulin rush to shuttle the protein into the muscle. On lifting days when do a maintenence I am taking in 400 grams carbs per day. 100 grams per meal for first 3 meals and then 50 a meal over the next 2 and then none for the last. And on non lifting days I eat about 150 grams carbs. Doing this increases your insulin resistence and allows for a much higher anabolic effect. Timing is critical as is what you eat.

1. Name the 'many' elite gurus (and DiPasquale doesn't count, since one, he has a vested interest, and two, no one considers him a guru anymore)

2. From a physiology standpoint, tell me how weight training on an empty stomach is superior.

3. Your comments on 'insulin rush' and insulin resistance are incorrect. How does decreasing carb intake on off days increase insulin resistance, and why does increased insulin resistance result in greater anabolic activity?