#27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-01, 12:28

Plan: Zone
Stats: 179/155/149
BF:
Progress: 80%
Talking Beer!

AtshushiOnita,

You are so right about the beer! Don't they use it to fatten up livestock in some countries? It's a grain, after all.

I stick to a little red wine on the weekends. Maureen, what are you drinking? I know wine makes me want salty stuff, so I get to combine it with my bedtime snack, which is usually nuts, olives and a bit of fruit.

Beer always makes me want chocolate. The sweeter beers, like Heineken (my very favourite!) REALLY go well with chocolate. But I've never met an obese Dutchman. What's up with that?

NumberOneWendy, cooking can be therapeutic. Salads don't have to be boring... although I guess being in Ontario in winter you don't have a lot of fresh selections. poor baby!

There really isn't any way around the veggie issue though. Gotta have 'em if you wanna lose the flab...

I made a salad the other day and threw in some sauteed scallops in a light saffron sauce. Omigod it was so good. Then I threw the leftover scallops into a chowder with salmon and cod, a couple of potatoes, a carrot, celery, onion, a ton of garlic and some 1% milk just to sweeten it up.

I took it to work for lunch and couldn't eat it all with the salad and fruit etc. So I have to try and finish it up today.
Yum yum.

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!