View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 07:44

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Welcome....

Hope this WOE works out for you! I find it pretty easy to stick to, and I really like that I can eat carbs at one meal!

As you can see from my profile, I am on the older WOE-CAD. It worked for me before (until I stopped doing it-duh!) so I haven't switched to the CALP, but I think I can answer your questions. (Someone please correct this if I'm off base!)

1) Snacks are allowed in the proportions you mentioned, but (at least in the earlier book) they are only recommended if you have lost more than two pounds in the previous week. Yes this can happen on this plan-losing weight too fast!

2) You shouldn't skip your reward meal, you should enjoy it! This plan is based on the science of insulin release. Some people release too much insulin when they eat carbs. High insulin causes the body to store instead of burn fat. You release insulin when you start eating based on the amount of carbohydrates you ate at previous meals. 60-90 minutes later, if you are still eating, you release an additional surge of insulin based on what you are currently eating. This is why the RM is only allowed to be 1 hour.
The amount of carbs you eat at the RM doesn't affect your insulin levels as long as you stay within the time limit.

3) I don't know exactly what kind of water you are talking about, but if it's not flavored with sweeteners, it should be OK. If you're in doubt, it's probably safer to skip it! You'll get to like all the plain water you're drinking!

Hope this helps a little!
-animaldoc