View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 04:48

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default so far, so good ...

First, congratulations on dropping from 22% to 14%. That's HUGE. Two different worlds, right?

Now to answer your question(s):

I have gotten down as low as 7%. That was a killer, and I don't think I will venture there again, as I have no plans to step on a posing stage any time soon.

But, to get there I had to use a number of add-on tricks:

- Double-split cardio, one session in the AM and another in the PM. I used moderate intensity on all of the cardio work, except for the first one after carb-up (for me, it was Monday morning) and the last one before the carb-up (for me, Friday night after the depletion weight training). Those two workouts were high-intensity using interval training.

- Weight training was done using supersets to maximize heart rate and fat burning.

- Supplements. I took a thermogenic 2 to 3x per day, as well as a thyroid supplement, and EFA's (Dr. Udo's caps). I only took the thyroid supplement (thyrolean) two weeks on/two weeks off, starting after after the first two weeks.

- When fat loss stalled, I went liquid. I don't reccomend it to everyone, but there are some of us who get hell-bent on seeing a certain fat percentage ... I was one of them. So, my "diet" consisted of 4 to 6 protein shakes per day, each one being about 50g - 55g pf protein. I also consumed 2 "real" food meals ... lunch and dinner.

All of that got me down to single digits.

As far a ketosis goes, I never (and still don't) use ketostix. I know I am in ketosis by the funky taste I get in my mouth, as well as the off-smell my hats get from the sweat from my workouts. Kinda smells like acetone.

I think that the AM cardio (always done on empty stomach, with a thermogenic) is key for hitting ketosis. That first workout (cardio in AM, and then weights/cardio in PM) after carb up should be no-holds barred as far as intensity goes. USE THAT GLYCOGEN!!

Hope that gives you a few tips. If you try all of these and still have stalls, feel free to contact me by Private message or e-mail.

My e-mail address is in my profile.

-- dan