View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 09:43
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I tried Ediets twice. The first time was when they just started. I did the low fat low cal thing (even though I had been doing LC for years, but was stuck and wanted to try something different). At that time, I was single with no kids and had the time to devote to being online getting the recipes etc. But I didn't lose any weight after 6 weeks of trying and didn't renew my subscription. THe 2nd time I tried it was (this year) after they introduced the Atkins plan and offered me a trial of $2.99 per week, but had to pay for minimum of 3 weeks. They offer 3 options for generating your grocery list and your menus. 1. cook at home mostly. 2. cook home some, eat out some. 3. eat out a lot. I chose the second since I was now married with a new baby and didn't have the time to give to a lot of cooking. I stuck to it for the 3 weeks BUT my grocery bill was double what it normally cost (due to buying more of the pre-packaged LC foods), and I couldn't get online much to take advantage of the support etc that they offer. I lost about 5 lbs over the 3 weeks. I think that ediets is a good place if you can give time to being online, and if you have time (and money) to spend on groceries. I don't think they follow the Induction phase to a T, and I think they put way too many of the packaged foods into the menu on a daily basis.

I have found that getting my support from this forum, getting recipes from here and other LC sites, and using the Atkins site to generate a shopping list for recipes used there is as effective as eDiets was, and free.