View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 08:56

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Thanks, Built, again - for your encouragement and always helpful advice. Please keep it coming - if you see something I'm doing wrong let me know, because I want to do it right, from the beginning. Last night I finally tried my yoga dvd. It was rather awkward - getting into the position while still watching the TV to see what they were doing - but it was good and I'm going to do it twice a week. I think that having the flexibility will help plus my sister swears that the yoga has helped her hip pain - we both would wake up at night with pain in our hips - she has been active and fit her entire life while I spent much time off and on as a couch potato interrupted by a year or so of gung-ho fitness then back to the couch potato - our mother has pain in all her joints and ostioarthritis so I think we come by it naturally. I hope it will help with me.

I worked my legs today, pretty hard - and Built, I'm taking your advice and warming up with a 2-5 minute ab workout every day - I know you don't do it on leg day, but I wanted to try it - then did a good extension/curl superset, then walking lunges with 15 lbs in each hand, 3 times across the gym and back (about 20 lunges each time), then bent leg dead lifts with 35 lbs each hand, then finally 3 sets of leg presses, 8 straight and 8 plie - except the last plie set - I caved at 3. Thought I was going to barf but then felt awesome. I'll see how I feel tonight before I decide whether to jog or maybe I'll just walk if my legs are sore. But I'll do my 4km route, either way.

Tomorrow I plan on a short but sweet abs set, then I'll do shoulders and triceps - my triceps are very weak compared to my other muscle groups, so I'm going to work them 2 times - Tuesdays with my back, then Fridays with my shoulders. See if this makes a difference. Then, Saturday afternoon, I'll do the yoga (before the red wine lol).

So there's my report!