View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 17:19

Plan: Carb Addicts Lifspan Program
Stats: 252/252/150
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi, I am new to CALP.. Started today

A little history. I went through 19 days of the Atkins diet, I did very well, never cheated intentionally. Although I had a hard time with hidden sugars. I never in my wildest dreams thought that they would add sugar to frozen bonless skinless chicken breasts. Well when I found that out, I lost it. I sat down and drank 5 beers to relax and basically threw in the towel. That was 7 days ago and I have been pretty good on staying on track, except when I drink a beer (which is something I have done my whole life, a few beers after work to relax, not everday, but about 3 times a week). Also I wanted more vegetables. I couldn't take 2/3 cup of veggies I wanted more. I have found out that beer is a trigger for me. After 3 beers, I want a pizza, and some brownies. So I have decided to give it up completely. And I will admit when I wasn't drinking for those 19 days I felt great.
About 7 years ago I went on a fat free diet and lost 98 pounds in 8 months. Only to gain it back once I started abusing food and alcohol again.
So I am going to try this WOE.
I do have a few questions.

1.)In the book it says snacking is allowed. But you must have equal portions of veggie and protien. Is this correct?

2.) If you want to keep your carbs low, can you skip the reward meal? Or just eat more veggies, and skip the taters or noodles.

3.) They mentioned in the book to cut out flavored selter water, the water I buy is not flavored, but more of an essance. The label says it is that it has no artificial sweetners. All nutrients on label are 0. And if it is allowed, can I include it in my water intake? I have such a hard time getting in my water. I get so tired of it and it almost makes me ill.

Sorry that this message is so long!
I won't be so wordy next time.

Thanks alot! I look forward to your advice
Sponsored Links