Thread: Is it true?
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 16:58

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

Thanks to all the above for responding to what turned out to be a bit of a rhetorical ramble.

The knowledgeable response that this forum elicits is one of the reasons I keep checking the posts.

Its scary to think that the food industry has so much invested in low fat that it is unlikely to undermine it by endorsing low carb or instigating research in that direction.

How will any of us laypeople really be able to get at the truth.

But, I tend to agree that I have found no credible research to counter low carb. What does and has impressed me (all credit to the founders of this site) is that a low carb diet is not a one size fits all approach. We all do it slightly differently. A tweak here a tweak there. It is useful to know what has worked for some and been a problem for others.

I rather wish The low carb gurus were not selling the concept but giving it away. Because there is always the suspicion that, just perhaps, they are putting a gloss on the science.

The New Eat in Moderation all Non Refined Foods Revolution by Rustpot just doesn't have a commercial ring about it.

Thanks for cheering me up