View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 18:38

Plan: Atkins-modified diabetic
Stats: 259/259/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I always used the cheap-o-cans o' tuna too, but I found my store had white albacore, chunked, into a foilpack, about 8 oz and it is DEVINE. I got 2 for $4. Since I don't eat tuna more than a couple times a month, I don't mind the price. If you prefer a less fish-y taste and haven't tried Albacore yet...this tuna is for you, baby!

What do I do w/tuna? The cheap stuff I like to make patties or hotdishes with but I save the good stuff for eating right out of the package, or I put on a bed of greens, and since I like to UP my fat, I add a drizzle of herb flavored olive oil or Newman's Own Italian dressing (even if I made the tuna w/mayo and stuff) But I don't always use mayo to make tuna mix, sometimes ranch dressing or if I'm doing the lettuce-bed thing I use caesar dressing or just plain tuna but with a shake or two of Old Bay Seasoning or Lemon pepper Mrs. Dash. MMMMmmm.

I miss Italian pasta salads! So I take cold leftover steamed veggies (broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower) and toss tuna (good quality, chunked), olive oil or a vinagrette dressing and fresh grated parmesan, red onion and some sweet green or red pepper, maybe some ripe olives, and you have a sort of neat antipasto. Raw veggies would be okay but kinda hard. If you are going to eat it later then it's okay, toss everything together and let it marinate in the fridge like a deli salad. If you like it Greek, make the olives Kalamatas, throw some marinated artichokes in and and feta cheese instead of parmesan.