View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 15:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

You're thinking so loud, I can hear you from Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada!!!!!

First, Doreen is not a man!

Unfortunately, I'm not a biochemist. I think biochemists are the most equipped professionals to settle these matters. So, as a layperson, I listen to both sides, and make my judgement from what I consider credible research, and from my own physiological reactions.

My own research showed me that the power behind low-fat, high-carb propaganda is a huge processed food industry and powerful lobbies, that have grown stronger from the 70's under the claim of making us healthy. Now we have children with diabetese in an alarming rate and are in worst shape than when they started.

The science against low-carb is exclusively in regards to animal fat in combination with high-carbohydrates. Not enough to convince any open minded reader.

Like you, I am healthier while low-carbing.

Putting these together convinced me to keep on doing what is working for me. If a new revelation comes in with credible studies showing low-carbing is dangerous, then I shall stop.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I thought I had something to add, but it seems like I just repeated what you said.

Wa'il