View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 12:56

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default All right!

franb - Glad to hear you're so close and rocking along on Induction! I had about the same loss after two weeks, but I think I lose a little slower because I have more to take off than you.

Catz2mom - Sorry to hear that you're depressed, but glad you're dealing with it. The longer you avoid those carbs the less pull they have on you. I was just saying today that some of my former favorite sweets don't even taste very good anymore. I've seen some threads in the forum about replacing carb sweets with LC sweets - one addiction replacing another. Be careful not to fall into this trap. I still find that when I feel blue, I want to eat cheesecake. Even if it's crustless Atkins cheesecake, it's probably better to go for a walk or something instead of soothing my mood with food. Old habits are hard to break.

I've been LCing since October 9, 2001. I've lost 13.5 lbs., the scale can be deceiving. I've been doing the Body for Life program since December. It involves very strenuous weight lifting workouts, so I've been gaining muscle as I'm losing fat and the scale hasn't moved much until the last week or so. Based on the body fat and lean body mass calculations in the Protein Power book, I've lost 25 lbs of fat and gained 11.5 pounds of lean body mass for a net loss of 13.5 pounds. I can't tell you how exciting that is!