View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 05:57
Atkins Groupie

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/250/150 Female 5'-6"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Patience!!! Patience!!! You've been dieting already since August you said earlier so you aren't gonna see the dramatic loss that others have had (ie 8 lbs in two weeks). And stay off the scale for two weeks, then weigh, then weigh only once a week! Did you take your measurements???? Do that and log them somewhere perhaps in your journal (Start a journal here it'll help tremendously).

Remember this isn't a diet but a Way Of Eating for the rest of your life!! You won't lose a lb a day...you might be one of these people (like me) who have their weight/fat just hang on fighting you every step of the way until it finally gives up and WHOOSH! a bit of it is gone. (Then the battle starts all over again.) I've found for me the best thing is to just concentrate on the guidelines in the DANDR book, weigh ONLY once a week plus take measurements, log them, and go on with my life. If you're following the guidelines, the weight will come off. It might not be as FAST as you'd like, but it'll come off (and there's a good reason for not wanting it to come off too fast...lose it too fast and you'll be looking for a plastic surgeon in the phone book to get rid of the excess skin)

Also, before boredom sets in, promise yourself to try at least one new recipe/meal a week from either the Dr. Atkins recipes or from one of the other lc cookbooks (library might have them, too, now). Another purpose of the guidelines is to introduce us to healthier foods we may never have eaten before. I.E. I discovered I actually do like brussel sprouts! And I made lc crab cakes one night that turned out pretty darn good according to everyone who ate them. So try new dishes. It'll make life interesting...