Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedneser
Hi
Thanks very much for stopping by. You are such an inspiration.

Right now the only weights I'm lifting are the 5 pounds weights when I do the Core workout tapes with the stability ball (weights focus on just arms). I guess I should note that...

I have used the Kathy Smith's "Use weights to lose weights" videos (too lazy to go downstairs and check if that's the exact name). I was using 3, 5, and 7 pound weights (focusing on arms and legs). I may add that back into my routine pretty soon. I had forgot about that video. Thanks!! How many days is it recommended you can safely lift weights (like every other day or every three days)?

I haven't tried any heavy lifting yet. I don't think I'm up to that yet. I could barely get through the Kathy Smith videos. My goal is to be able to do pull ups eventually. I have never been able to do one. EVER! I want to lose the weight but I want to be strong too.

Just realized the time and I need to go to sleep .
Take care.

When you lift heavy, it's in short sets with rests in between. You'd be surprised how manageable it is. 3-4 days a week in a split routine is pretty much it for almost all lifters. I started with three (first two years), moved into 4 about a year ago.

And it's heavy leg work that really speeds up your metabolism, not cardio or upper body work. It's all necessary, but for different reasons.

Let me know what I can do to help get you started when you're ready to get this moving along.