View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/320/280
BF:
Progress: 52%
Exclamation Absolutely Ridiculous

That article reeks of prejudice against Atkins. Everything this guys said is conjecture. The only hard example this guys provides is one case of a diabetic whose kidney problems may or may not have developed from doing Atkins. I am not diabetic, why should I be worried about this example anyway. The only thing this MD (I'd like to know the clown college this guy went to) has accomplished in the above article is to prove his own ignorance.

Atkins is safe. Ketosis is safe. Ketosis does not change the pH of the blood and it does not harm healthy kidneys. Atkins dieters consume green vegetables. Personally, I eat more greens on this diet than I did before I started. It is a healthy lifestyle. This has been proven again and again. How many times have you heard the headline "Obese Man Dies from Doing Atkins"? Give me a break. It is the FDA food pyramid that is not safe. Consuming refined carbohydrates is dangerous. This is why there are so many overweight people in America. Fat is not to blame, it is sugar. When will people realize that you are not what you eat?

Low Carbers, don’t let articles like this sway you. Low Carbing goes against a lot of established theories about what is healthy. Expect controversy, educate yourself, and don’t believe everything you read in an article. Look for case studies, actual proof (there isn’t any against Atkins, that’s for sure).

I wish I could fast forward time fifty years. I am confident the history books will look at Atkins as a revolutionary, and quacks like the one that wrote the above article will be revealed as the ignoramuses they really are.