#4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 11:46
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Trina,

How about 6 oz. of protein with each meal, and keep putting butter on your vegetables?

You have probably seen discussions here on keeping your calories so your body does not go into starvation mode, and eating enough fat and calories will prevent this.

It's not compulsive to want a meal plan. People either need a little assistance with one, or they figure out one themselves. Trial and error is part of the learning experience of this WOE. It's how way of eating becomes way of life. Your ideal meal plan is the one that works for you.

You have done very well so far, and just need to figure out the next step. No one was meant to be fat. The key is in figuring out what was meant to be.

I have a similar story to yours. I did extremely well for the first 6 months, and then I was afraid to continue. Going from fat to thin scared me. I was still LC, but I plateaued myself for over a year. I figured out a few things, lost more weight, and then my compulsive overeating returned. I compulsively ate artificially sweetened desserts and whipping cream. I recognized that I was an addict - actually I recognized it in the first week of LC, but it took me a long time to understand what to do about it. I'm a notorious slow learner.

I didn't know what real hunger or thirst was. Now, I take a much smaller portion of foods, almost never take a second helping, don't eat between meals and have three or four meals a day. I was so out of control!

If you want to have a look, this is the link to OA:

OA

Take heart! You WILL get everything sorted out and be able to look back and see how far you've come. You have already come a great distance. Keep it up.

Karen