View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/217/140 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Question My average daily menu... is this okay?

I just wanted to show an example of what I've been eating on induction and get some feedback on whether or not I'm doing okay with it....

Breakfast:
A couple of scrambled eggs with about two tablespoons of each:
Bacon (diced)
Onion
Bell pepper
Mushrooms
A little grated cheddar on top

Lunch:
One can of tuna with full fat mayo
Celery sticks (~ a 1/2 cup to a cup)
4 to 5 slices of cucumber
4 radishes
3 to 4 slices of cheddar

Snack: If I need a snack, I'll usually grab a few celery sticks and maybe a little left over tuna. Most days, I put two low carb (less than 0.1 grams) chicken or beef bouillon cubes in hot water, let it desolve, cool a bit, and drink that.

Supper:
1-2 hamburger patties - or some grilled chicken
green beans - or mustard, turnip greens
Salad with small amount of lettuce, little tomato, chives, mushrooms, celery, radishes, bacon bits, a bit of grated cheddar and full fat Ranch dressing.

I tend to stay up late (to get my free time once the kids are in bed) and IF I need a snack, I'll settle for a couple of radishes, but mostly try to just drink more water even though I know it's not good to do right before bed. Number one, it can cause water retention, number two, it disrupts your sleep cause you have to keep running to the bathroom! lol

Someone once told me... "It's not drinking lots of water that helps you lose weight, it's the trips back and forth to the bathroom!" I think that's partly true! LOL!

Anyway, does this sound like an okay diet for induction or do I need to add more fat? Less fat? more ....something?

I'm also just taking calcium as far as supplements go. I WAS drinking whey protein shakes, but I wasn't sure if that was okay on induction, so I stopped. The whey protein contains 110 calories, 23 grams of protein, and 3 grams of carbs. Is this okay for induction, or should I continue to leave it out for now?

Thanks so much! I know some of you guys must get sick of all of us newbies asking the same questions...etc. but it sure does help to have a place to come to ask them.

Nonnie
Sponsored Links