Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 07:16

Plan: Atkins/and calorie count
Stats: 188/178/124 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Want to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
First of all, I take mine diluted in olive oil, which is much safer. This is potent stuff. I think people who have the strong reactions are taking the full strength stuff, and I don't think it's a good idea. I get a little warmth at first, but NO BURNING. I think that's a good idea. So, if you have getting a bad reaction, try moderating your dose. I use 1 part OoO to 4 parts olive oil, per the Wolfe Clinic.

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html

In brief:

Oil of Oregano is a potent anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti viral, and anti infection substance. If you have problems with yeast, it can kill the yeast, but may create "die-off" symptoms, kind of like flu. Backing off the dose until it is killing yeast at a level where your body can get rid of the toxins is the recommended way to handle these symptoms.

Unless you are sensitive/allergic to it, it doesn't seem to have any other side effects. I can't say it made me lose weight, exactly, since I was already working on a somewhat indulgent summer. Nor did I have any yeast problems that I knew of. However, it did WONDERS for my rosecea, and I added 4 full strength drops to my shampoo, and it cleared up a little bit of flakes, so I am a believer.

Also, I had taken two full courses of antibiotics this summer, and OoO got my missing energy back. I think it's a great tonic, but I would take it for the complexion situation alone.

Most sources recommend two weeks on, two weeks off.

I really want to try it but don't have time for the 110+ pages of opinions/facts. Wild is best? Liquid is best? Price_________ is best? Help!