Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 04:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 570+?/???/250 Female 67.5
BF:
Progress: 24%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karen
[B]Hi Karen Thank you for your reply!

What are you finding hard to follow about Atkins? Can I give you a hand?

I Do not seem to be able to stick to it at all... I have been on for 14 months <ashamed to admit it but mostly off cheating> I have lost these 76 pounds and it seems no matter how much I want to continue I fail, and then finacialy it kills me.
I know ATKINS WORKS maybe I am looking for a way to have a guideline to go by. like this is a meal plan >>>> and stick to it, 3 meals a day with out question. I guess its compulsive of me to need structure, you know how you go to a diet doctor and they give you a format to follow, I guess thats what Im looking for.
Don't know if this makes sense, and I know given free range to eat I will do just that a 2 pound roast can be one meal hahahaha
I dont think I know what a NORMAL meal is!
I want this to work I want this weight off, and Im willing to work for it..I just need structure <sigh> and something my budget will allow for errrrr

The OA gray sheet is very similar to a low carb plan if you do this to it:

Breakfast
1 protien (4 oz meat, 2 eggs, 2 oz cheese excetra)
1 salad or vegetable
coffee if desired

Lunch
1 protien (same as above)
1 salad ( 2 cups w/dressing)
3 finger salad ( like 3 raw brocoli spears)

Dinner
1 protien
1 salad
1 vegetable

I think you would be a little hungry on this plan without upping your protein and fat a little.

Would going to say 8 oz protien per meal do this? Maybe I can use this as a guide like Im looking for and make meal plans on a notebook and buy my foods that way. Do you think 24 oz of protien is too much a day?

I have never been one to use cream and such even on Atkins, I just dont care for it and like things simple, I drink only water with a occassional diet soda (1 a week)

I drink lots of water usually 300 oz a day once Im in the flow of things.

Butter I use on vegtables and I use frozen because I dont own a stove to cook fresh unless there is a way to do it on a GF grill.

Thank you for the information on OA Im well aquainted with 12 step programs but never OA . I just dont want to give up and I feel myself slipping away from losing weight back into my old frame of mind *I was just ment to be fat*

Thanks , Trina

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002a.jpg (51.5 KB, 110 views)