#2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 03:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Goddess!

What are you finding hard to follow about Atkins? Can I give you a hand?

The OA gray sheet is very similar to a low carb plan if you do this to it:

Breakfast
1 protien (4 oz meat, 2 eggs, 2 oz cheese excetra)
1 salad or vegetable
coffee if desired

Lunch
1 protien (same as above)
1 salad ( 2 cups w/dressing)
3 finger salad ( like 3 raw brocoli spears)

Dinner
1 protien
1 salad
1 vegetable

I think you would be a little hungry on this plan without upping your protein and fat a little.

There is no eating plan in OA anymore because at one point it was deemed to go against the principle of choice, but the eating plan did work in conjunction with the 12 Steps.

Sugar, flour and carbs are very addictive and feeds compulsive eating behaviour, because they make us temporarily a little "high". So eating addictive foods when we are stressed, angry, depressed, afraid, etc. creates compulsive eating behaviour. By cutting out these things, it creates a better path to abstinence - and the bottom line is OA is abstinence. In OA, everyone decides what abstinence means to them. It may mean not eating between meals, stopping eating when just satisfied, or not eating trigger foods.

I think any low carb plan would work extremely well with the OA 12-steps. The only requirement to become an OA member is a desire to stop eating compulsively. That's it!

But, any plan will not work if you can't find a way to stop eating compulsively. OA with low-carb would be able to show you the way.

Karen