View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 14:01

Plan: Atkins Ind. + exercise
Stats: 209.0/200.6/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi luv,
This will be the third time I have used Atkins to lose weight. The first two times I didn't watch calories at all. Eventually with those time though I reverted to my previous bad habits (and other reasons) and the weight crept back on.
I struggled with Atkins for about six months, from Feb to July of this year but just couldn't manage to stay away from high carb foods. I would come home after work (and being LC all day) and be absolutely starved. I would eat standing in front of the fridge and eat anything. Finally I got tired of not being able to stay on track for more than a few days at a time.
Aug 23 I decided was the day of no return. I began using this board and Fitday to track my food intake. I had been way too low on cals for those six months when I was struggling to stay LC. Now I have had very few "off" days, usually when the only options were not low carb. I keep myself between 1700 and 1900 cals a day. This number is above basal so my body doesn't go into starvation mode but well below my total cal expenditure for the day. I am losing about 2 pounds a week.
I hope this helps!