View Single Post
  #322   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-04, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't know how LCanita does it, but I go as high fat as I need to for satiety during the low-carb portion (over 60% of calories from fat) and as low fat as I can manage for the carb up portion - ideally, probably under 20% of cals, although personally I have trouble with hunger if the fats get this low.

This isn't the only way to do it. I believe LCanita does a smaller carbup than I do, so the fats don't need to go as low.

I have to be VERY careful to make sure I stick to low GI carbs for the carbup or I get out of control hunger, so no sugar for me.

I'll make low fat oatmeal muffins, but sweeten them with splenda, and I make sure I get a large portion of slow-digesting protein (no whey shakes) with each of my 6 daily meals - no snacking on carbs. Actually, I don't snack at all. If I'm hungry, it's probably time for a meal, so I eat one.

I'll eat fruit, but never by itself - it's always eaten with one of my servings of protein, and sometimes with additional high-fiber carb such as brown and wild rice depending on how much carb I'm eating for that meal. And like I said, I measure everything into 20g carb or protein servings and toss 'em into zip loc baggies so I can easily mix and match without having to track everything.