Old Mon, May-14-01, 15:20

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: Re: hee hee!

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen

A lot of people, especially older ones have the carb habit so ingrained that they can't fathom any other way to eat. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know? Changing their WOE is probably real scary for them.

I have found that I actually eat less than I did before because I'm not stuffing bread and cookies into my face all day in a futile effort to stay coherent.

To risk evangelism, have them over for a low-carb meal based on chicken legs or ground beef and vegetables. Like you, I hate to see people ruining their health by the way they eat when the answer seems so simple.

Here's to the perfect world.

Karen

Karen,
Know its scary for them...I just pray they will see someday. Right now they eat mostly potatoes. Mom says she couldn't live with out them! Sound familiar! ha! I have really tried to tell then that we don't eat that much and that our grocery bill is really lower...but they won't hear of it. What is funny is Dad his a high protein shake thing for a long time and lost allot of weight. But he has gained it all back because he can't live that way. But he does understand that the hi protein low carb works. And I know they had to be spending more money doing the shakes then the way we eat. I'm hoping that if I cna REALLY get my aunts to eat this way {they are having heart attacks right and left back there } That not only will it improve there health but maybe they will convince her that its not expensive to do this. HOPE HOPE PRAY PRAY! I want my parent to have a long healthy life. To see there grandbabies grow up!
I guess all I can do is move forward... pray for the future to show the truth about low-carbs...and for the industry,FDA & American Heart Association to embrace the low-carb way...so that we all can be healthy! AND STAY WITH THIS GREAT GROUP! Y'all are great!
Smile,