View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 15:00

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Smile Oh I hope so!

Wouldn't it be WONDERFUL to be able to go to the grocery story and buy low-carb bread,chips, ice cream... That sounds so great! I too believe it will come in a few years. I know more and more people are doing the low-carb thing...but it is also hidden. That to me is what is sad. I remember when Jenny Craig first introduce the low-carb diet...I though GREAT! Something that works! My boss at the time was doing the Jenny Craig thing and wanted me to join her. I was pretty stuck to the low-carb thing ao I told her no...but we stayed as work out partners! So when they started the low-carb thing I was pretty excited because I figured they would have LOW CARB FOOD ITEMS YOU COULD BUY! The carbs where to high and I wouldn't do it. Needless to say my boss wasn't happy...and it was the beginning of the end for our friendship and my job. Yes my job. It became a jealousy thing. I was loosing steadily and she was struggling. Anyway I do think the way of thinking is turning around. And no matter what low-carb diet your doing I think everyone owe Dr. Atkins a great deal of Thanks for sticking to his guns and promoting this way of eating! I know I do! And I'm grateful to know that when my kids grow up they will have and answer to the problem. Talking about kids...what is the right amount of carbs for a kid on a diet. I started a thread...but didn't get a bite the last time I looked!ha!
Smile,