Thread: Asian diets....
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 07:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

First off, I don't know if this is the case with the Asians, but the Mediterraneans, who are frequently cited alongside Asians as why we should eat lots of Carbs, do eat Pasta more often, but in SMALLER QUANTITIES [per meal] than an American. I'm guessing its probably the same way in Asia. They probably eat Rice more often, but still less Rice at one sitting than an American would.

From what I've seen [not including the majority of Chineese Restaurants in the US that serve Mega Portions] their portion sizes are also tiny...and I do mean tiny. What they consider a meal, is what most Americans would probably consider a snack. Also, not all of their foods are High Carb. They also eat Duck [70-someodd percent Fat,] Chicken, Egg Drop Soup [Chicken Broth w. Eggs and/or Tofu,] and many other foods which are relatively low in Carbs. I don't think they eat lots of Cake, Ice Cream, French Fries, or Soda either. If I remember correctly, Sugar is actually the Number 2 sweetener in Japan, behind Stevia.