View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 11:49

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Don't be embarrased...

I guess there are different views about what constipation actually means. I used to think that if I didn't go absolutely every day, I was constipated!

Some health care views are that 2-3 bowel movements a day are what we should aim for.

Others still believe that 2-3 times a week is completely normal. Those folks generally say that it's not how often, but how difficult it is that matters. If it is hard as rock and is difficult to move.

Try some sugar-free Metamucil. If you have a WalMart near you, they have a copy-cat product, also sugar free, but much cheaper!! (Good ole' Wal Mart!) Metamucil has psyllium husks in it, and what that does is form a gel in your intestine, and will make everything just kind of (forgive me ) slide out. Psyllium is non-addictive and can be used every day. Laxative over-use will cause your bowels to get lazy, then you will have to take a laxative, or two, or three, just to have a normal bowel movement. No fun!!

And the absolutely best advice is drink a lot more water!! A LOT more!! It can't hurt and would most likely fix everything.

Hang in there!

Dizzy D