View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-04, 19:08

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

SeeMyself, I'm so sorry you're going through this and I feel for you.

I'll bet a lot of people can relate, though. I worked for a company, Residential Money Centers, that had 100 people on-staff. 50 were let go in a day. A few months later, the other 50 were let go...AFTER we'd cleaned up all the prior-to-shutting-down messes, buyoed by a lot of company lies.

My husband is going through this right now. Sony just merged with BMG. A few hundred employees are guaranteed to go; those are just the guarantees. There are a few hundred more who "might" be let go.

So, trust me, nobody is trying to belittle your pain. But it is not only the bakery business that is seeing hard times. It is *all* businesses in today's economy. I really do not feel it's low-carbing that has caused this current crisis, or has caused you to lose your job. I feel that is a lame excuse on the part of the company. No, I KNOW it's a lame excuse on the part of the company. What was Kmart's excuse? What's BMG's excuse? What was RMC's excuse? They were owned by GM, for God's sake. So...people are making light of a tough situation b/c sometimes it's easier to laugh when you see your world spinning out of control. But trust me. I would put money on it that a lot of people on this very thread (I'm one of them) have gone through just what you're talking about. I know you're upset and I'm sorry. I feel for you.