Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: hee hee!

Quote:
Originally posted by rainny

I'm a pretty stubborn person when I find something that works. But it hurts me when I have love ones in my life...like my parents...and they tell me they cant afford to eat like me. I don't see how you can afford to eat any other way.

I know what I'm doing is right for me and my family...But I'm a rescuer! ha! I JUST WANT TO MAKE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING BETTER EVERYWHERE! HA! Oh well, maybe in a perfect world!
Smile,

A lot of people, especially older ones have the carb habit so ingrained that they can't fathom any other way to eat. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know? Changing their WOE is probably real scary for them.

This WOE does not have to be expensive. We're not chowing down on beef tenderloin everyday. I think if you look at other peoples menus (I'm an exception because I'm lucky as well as unlucky to work in a restaurant--whipped cream is always available arrrgh!) you will find that if you add a sandwich here, a bowl of cereal there, a couple of high sugar drinks and mashed potatoes with dinner, you will find the standard daily diet of most people.

I have found that I actually eat less than I did before because I'm not stuffing bread and cookies into my face all day in a futile effort to stay coherent.

To risk evangelism, have them over for a low-carb meal based on chicken legs or ground beef and vegetables. Like you, I hate to see people ruining their health by the way they eat when the answer seems so simple.

Here's to the perfect world.

Karen