View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 18:44

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

I am starting to still feel invisible, maybe because at size 22/24 I am still very large to most people though I have lost 5 dress sizes thanks to this WOL. But, I think it has to do with where I'm living and there tolerance for fat. Because where I lived before I got noticed as soon as I dropped about 2 dress sizes, though I was still very heavy. Here, I can't get anyone to give me the time of day...I'm being treated as if I were still 380 or more lbs. But that's okay, though it does get me down...esp. like when I argued with my evil neighbor's next door and the woman who is the weight I probably was before and can't even walk called me fat and her thin live-in boyfriend was calling me fat this and fat that...yet she can't even move. I feel sorry for her because I was like that, but I'm no longer like that, thank goodness, and the first thing they did though was to call me fat.

I am strong, I am...and I am sure that it's just because the tolerance level here for being overweight is very low and so that's the reason I'm still being treated like I were invisible, but I know I'm not...unlike before, I know I'm worth it and I'm dressing better and feeling better about me and I know that one day that will attract someone who will see me for me and not my weight, but I'm losing for me and hoping that the person thats meant for me is out there, somewhere...