#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 15:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300.5/299.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 1%
Default Fat and invisible

Today I weighed in at 260.5 but I'm not going to change my stats til I stay that way for a couple of days. Anyway, my weight loss journey has gotten me to thinking. I have been fat for a long time. Since I was probably 16 or so. During that time I have been, for the most part, invisible. Yes I did get married (and single again), so someone paid attention to me, but basically I have been fat and invisible.

I have now lost 46 pounds. I am kind of tall and carry my weight more proportionately. I feel better about myself and that has made me take more action as far as looking better. I have been paying more attention to my hair, wearing makeup, etc.

My point to this is I am amazed at the amount of attention I get now. Certainly not as much as a hottie who is a size 6, but I do get noticed now. I am no longer invisible. People look at me. MEN look at me. Men who never would have looked at me before. It feels good, but it feels WEIRD! I like it, but it is strange. It does wonders for my self esteem, I walk with a lighter step and smile and socialize more, but it has also made me self consious in a different way.

Have any of you also had this feeling happen to you?
Sponsored Links