View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 14:41

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi pjm --

Those stalls sure can be frustrating. Have you looked in Low Carb Tips above? There are some suggestions for breaking stalls there.

A few other ideas...is your goal weight realistic for you? This is an entirely personal decision that reflects where your life is at as much as how you perceive your ideal self. It could be that you aren't meant to weigh less than that right now.

Definitely try to avoid eating those "cheating" carbs so often. It could be that 95% isn't enough for you. Its individual.

Have you considered ways to increase your exercise? The last two times I lo-carbed I was never able to get below 170. Now with more weight training and aerobic exercise (and I mean the really sweaty kind) I've lot those extra stubborn 20 lbs. If you visit the exercise forum you could get lots of ideas for different workouts you could do.

Good luck pjm...if you are stalling, maybe its time to take a good look at everything, reassess and start tweaking things. The body gets used to routines pretty quickly and it sounds like you may need to shake things up a bit.

Feel free to post in my journal if you want more info on anything.

Lisa