#5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 09:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBash
I would recommend buying some products made with erythritol before buying a large quantity to use in cooking. Only because it's expensive. A lot of people seem to do just fine with it, but if you have ever been sensitive to sugar alcohols, it may have some negative side effects. It messes me up bigtime.

I don't think its the Eryhtritol that causes problems, but the Inulin (Chicory Fiber) they tend to mix it with in some Candies. Inulin and Polydextrose (both are Oligosaccharides, the same soluble fiber found in Beans that make them so musical) both seem to give me gas when I eat more than 2 items containing large amounts of Inulin/Polydextrose.

For example, over the last 28 days I have taken in a total of 1,260g of Fiber (45g/day.) Of that, 571g (20g/day) was from Oligosaccharides (Inulin and Polydextrose). I had gas the whole time. I got the gas even when I ate stuff made with only Oligosaccharides, and no Erythritol. So, I don't think its the Erythritol, but the Inulin/Polydextrose that causes Gas.