#7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 07:49

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithnj
I'm a little peeved because almost ALL dieters put weight back on at some time in their dieting history.

Their "dieting" history is the key, Faith. We have to stop "dieting" and learn to live a healthy lifestyle that includes low-carbing. I've been low-carbing for over 2 1/2 years. I have never regained any of the weight I lost. Instead I initially dropped about 30 pounds and maintained that drop for about 20 months, then I used a low-cal version of low-carbing to 'diet' and lose another 25 pounds, which I have been maintaining for a couple months now. The only diet I went off was to stop lowering my calories and eat a normal low-carb diet. I expect I'll go back to low-cal to drop some more weight one of these days, but I'm too busy now to mess with it.

Barry Sears is a crackpot in my mind -- especially now. His program didn't work to start because it was so complicated and he got it wrong anyway, and now he's blaming low-carb for the failure of his idotic drivel. (That didn't come out right, but I think you know what I mean.)