View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 00:38
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

okay, well, when you do your squats, remember to stick your ass out and your chest out, and look forward. This way, you won't fall over.

I looked at your fitday - your calories are all over the place, but they often seem a bit high for weight loss. Calories aren't everything, but they ARE part of it, for some people at least.

If you're trying to weigh 120 lbs, I'd think you'd want about 100-120g protein a day, roughly, and at least another 100-120g fat. If you take in 120g each of protein and fat, and 25g carb, this puts you at 1660 cals a day - an amount that should be very reasonable to follow in a ketosis diet at 65% cals from fat. If you can get in 6 meals a day with 15-20g each of protein and fat, you should start losing again and you shouldn't feel hungry.

Start measuring your food for a bit - about a half a cup (250 ml)of any protein rich food is about 20g of protein. Add in your fats and your low carb veggies, and this should help you manage your day. Stay away from fake food, other than artificial sweeteners. IE avoid the low carb bars, wraps, breads...

Try to spread the meals out so they're all about the same size and they all have about the same breakdown.

If you're gaining weight, you're eating more food than you're expending.

That's the first thing.

And thank you for the lovely compliments!

Are you taking any supplements?

Some I recommend:
Glutamine 15g a day in three doses (am empty, after workout or midday, bedtime)
Fish oil: 6g a day
Vitamin C: gram a day
calcium
vitamin E - 400 IU a day (helps the fish oil)

Have a look at this and see what you think.