View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 03:04
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

For sure I get a little jealous when I see people whooshing their way to success in very little time. In two months I'll have been low carbing for three years, and I'm still not at goal. I have had whooshes in the past, but I've also had very long stalls when nothing budges for months. I also tend to get jealous when people who are around the same weight at me are having more success than me, and dropping, while I stay the same - but then sometimes I look at their stats a few months later and I've lost more than they have. I'd say I'm definitely a turtle - if you equal out my weight loss over the entire three years it's been about half a pound a week, and for someone with over 100 pounds to lose that's not very much. But I'll take it! I will never quit this WOE, I've still lost double the amount of weight I ever lost eating the low fat way, and without the hunger/cravings/feelings of deprivation, too. I find I get most frustrated when I am doing everything to the letter; cutting out *all* the foods that may stall, and still nothing changes. But I really am beginning to think that it's just that fat/water thing going on - I am probably losing weight constantly, albeit very slowly, but the cells are filled with water once the fat is used up, and then at some point my body decides to let it go and I lose a few pounds.

Sure, I wish I was one of those people for whom this is a quick miracle cure, but I'm just not. My body is stubborn and defective - but I knew that already! It may not be a quick miracle cure, but it *is* a miracle cure, all the same...

Deborah