Thread: Hey, big guys!!
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 21:30

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

If there are a decent number of men who feel they can't really address certain topics in this general forum and really need some kind of dedicated area, then sure, sounds good. To be honest I don't usually see enough men in these areas to support a whole board area, but if there are, and that's what they want, why not.

If there are women (I'm curious it'd be the women making the request?!) that are not comfortable with men on the same board for whatever reason, it would be more logical to create some kind of 'women's issues' forum (that could be used by everyone, then it'd be more than just 100+) than parse out the men, that is almost... um... biased a little, you know, like "I'm not comfortable, so all the men should leave" or something like that.

Personally I really like having a diversity of gender, age, and personality on a message board. In fact, I've run or managed message boards myself since the early 90's (when they were BBS's) and in my experience, those that are healthiest (in every way) are those with real diversity among the members.

So I'd vote to keep things as they are (it's not like there is tons of post volume here already after all)... unless someone wants to come forward with whatever good reasons there might be for doing otherwise, which of course I might never have thought of.

PJ