View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 19:15

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks for the clarification. This is all good information.

I was 239# my sophomore year in high school. I decided that I had to lose weight and followed, roughly, the Scarsdale Diet. I got down to 180# in less than six months. I was in a routine there where I would lose a little weight and then stall for a few days to perhaps a week and then I would suddenly drop four or five pounds and keep going down until I stalled. That seemed to happen every ten pounds or so.

I stayed in the 190# to 200# range for about four years and was very physically active. I loved my life. Then things got real rough for me in college (ended up dropping out) and my weight shot up to 245# within two months.

Then I got called to active duty and spent four months in Basic Training because they wouldn't let my out until I was below 202#. I got myself down to 190# during Tech School and kept it there for about a year.

Then I got injured and couldn't run for quite a while. Running had always been my key to keeping the weight off. I put on 50 pounds real fast.

After that it was lose 20 gain 30, lose 40 gain 60. If I don't make it this time I will almost certainly hit 400! I would plateau and fully expect to stay there for a while but the "while" never went away and then my weight would start going back up. I could only persevere under those conditions just so long.

I'm hoping that once I get down to about 250 I can start jogging again. My knees and back are in pretty good shape but they just can't stand the stress of jogging at my weight for more than a couple of weeks. I know that there are alternatives, such as swimming, and I have tried them but just can't get enthused. It's very possible that this will change once I get enough weight off to allow me to enjoy the activity.