View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 14:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

GWilson38, flax seed oil can be a good source for Omega-3 fatty acids but some people cannot break the molecules into the EPA and DHA components. This is expecially true of American Indians from coastal regions. Cod live oil already has these EPA and DHA components ready for the body to use.

Primrose and borage are a source for Omega-6 fatty acids but should not be overdone. The ratio of Omega-3 to -6 is very important. A good book to read is "Know Your Fats" by Dr. Mary Enig. I use almond oil on salads as a great Omega-6 source and much less expensive the primrose or borage in capsules.

Razzle, thanks for the nice comments about my site and the link to www.eatwild.com. I would like to eat all free range beef, chickens and eggs but have do so to date. I wish I were a rancher and could raise my own. Dr. Mercola is a big fan of low-carb and free range beef and eggs. Check out his site. His search engine is great for searching health conditions and cures with over 15,000 pages, and don't forget to signup for the free email newsletter.

Dr. Mercola - Home Page

Kent