View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 11:13

Plan: Mostly Atkins these days
Stats: 260/225.9/175
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Whoosh Fairy

First of all -- thanks to all who posted encouragement. I do realize that I have to average my weights, and I do weigh myself everyday. I know I'm still at the beginning of the program -- not even two full weeks yet -- so I try not to get discouraged. I tell myself that it took me thirty years to get to the weight I am and I can't expect to lose it all in a short period of time. Besides, I am in this for the long haul (providing there is a "long-haul" left!){Gee, sure hope so!)

I'm feeling much better today. First of all the Whoosh Fairy paid me a visit overnight and my weight was down 2 pounds this morning. (One pound UNDER my lowest weight last week) So my weekly average is definitely down. Secondly, I was SO hungry yesterday afternoon (something that hasn't really happened since I began the program) that I felt that I over-did it at my RM. I didn't have a dessert last night, though the cranberry sauce could probably count as dessert. I've been to fitday a few times, and if anything I'm probably not taking in ENOUGH total calories. I just don't know how to increase my calories without increasing my carbs -- a girl can only eat so many celery sticks, afterall! I'm thinking of carrying something like SlimJims in my purse. They are low in carbs but high in fat -- alas, they are also high in sodium which makes you retain water. Oh, oh, woe woe!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!