View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 22:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287/250/170 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I did it! I did it! I did it!

For some reason I took the pedometer off while I was running! Oh, maybe because it was raining. That's right, I still did it, despite only sleeping only 8 of the past 72 hours and IN THE RAIN! I was so proud of myself, I almost cried. There was a point where I thought "screw this" but then all I could think it that I would throw off the whole "togetherness" thing and I would be behind forever. So I guess having a buddy really does work for me, at least it did today.

I walked/jogged/ran along the West River Drive today, across from Boathouse Row for anyone who knows Philly. And the whole "making a loop so it's different than a treadmill" doesn't work for me - the two times I've done this so far I was parked along a very long train that didn't circle around. So both times I have gone straight in one direction for warm-up + ten minutes and then turned around to go back. It's actually working for me, though, because both times I started slowing down as I got tired, and I had to tell myself that I had to speed up so I could make it back to the car in time.

I'm lying. It didn't work. I just slowed down. I tried telling myself to speed up, but my self didn't listen.

But I did it!