View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 21:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Too much Protein? Food for thought!

Fellow Turtlers.... I had been stalled for about a month.. and for the life of me.. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong.. eating all the right things etc.

However.... I just discovered that I was eating too much protein... and thus possibly causing me to stall in my weight loss. I recently was rambling through my book shelf and found my copy of the ZONE.. I was reading through his chapter on Protein.. and in there he cautions about eating too much protein.. can cause insulin excretion as well. So I did the protein calculations according to the charts in his book and have been eating less protein.. same amount of fat.. and I also increased my carbs a bit... and viola.. in two weeks I dropped 13 pounds.. I could not believe my eyes when I stepped on the scale today... so I am doing a combo of Atkins and Zone.. making sure I balance my protein and carbs..and being more eyeful of portion control....

I thought I would pass along the news.. just incase there are afew others out there.. stuck.. while doing everything right...

FYI.. I was not measuring my protein.. just eyeing it.. plus everyone was saying eat until you are full... eat .. and so.. I think I was eating too much protein..

If anyone has questions.. let me know...

Ramona
Sponsored Links