View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 05:44
Registered Member

Plan: Low-carb/south beach
Stats: 194/159/155 Female 67inches
BF:????
Progress: 90%

I agree with you on all of the above! I have learned all of those lessons also. Fitday is a GREAT tool in the beginning until you get used to your new way of life. I don't use it too much now, but when I do decide to go in and just check what I've eaten for a day, I'm usually right on with my carbs, protein and fat percentages.
I guess the number one thing that I've learned lately is.....
Just RELAX! I know what I'm doing is eventually going to bring me to my goal weight. I don't stress about the numbers not moving on the scale fast enough for me anymore. This way of life works very well when you get past the first month and get into a groove. My way of life seems NORMAL to me know. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet and I'm steady losing a lb. a week (2 lbs. this week) and it feels GREAT! I see the other girls at work trying to eat "Low fat" to lose weight. Their eating a little salad and a diet soda, while I'm feasting on an 8oz. grilled tuna steak and a caesar salad with chicken strips and freshly grated parmesan cheese. MmMm good! They swear they could NEVER,EVER live without bread, potatoes and pasta, so they do every diet they can find to try to keep the weight off. If only they would listen to me, they would realize how easy it really is. I think I'll win them over eventually, though.