View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 19:18

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

Im sorry but that is pure BS. Just because it has a small ammount, does NOT give them any right to claim it doesnt contain transfats. It has partially hydrogenated oils, it has transfats. period. I dont care how little of the transfats it is, i will still never support or eat ANY foods that have that crap in it. The FDA has stated that "no ammount of transfats is safe for human consumption."

Quote:
Originally Posted by susies1955
Nutritional FAQ:

Does Carbquik™ contain trans fatty acids?

No. Carbquik is made using partially hydrogenated soy oil, which does contain trans fats. This is used in small amounts in Carbquik and does not contribute nutritionally. According to FDA guidelines, Carbquik™ does not contain nutritionally significant trans fats.

What is enzyme modified wheat?

Enzyme modified wheat is one of the innovations that make Carbalose™ and Carbquik™ so unique. Through a proprietary process, we combine wheat products with enzymes to create a flour-like product with minimal carbohydrates. This creates a product with the taste and properties of wheat flour without the carbs.

Can I Trust Your Nutrition Information?

Yes. Unlike many "low-carb" products, we have submitted Carbquik™, in both dry and baked form, to two independent food labs: Microbac Laboratories and Silliker Laboratories. The results are reflected on our nutrition panel.

Questions? Email us at carbalose~tovaindustries.com