View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/148/125 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 53%

Grocery store rants.. I have a few.

-- Not men in general but OLDER men. These are men who haven't been trained in proper grocery store etiquette and seem to think they are the only important people in the store. This is a holdover from living in South Florida for many years (the seniors go to the grocery store every day just for something to do).

-- Social hour. I kive in a small town and work long hours during the week... then going to SuperWalmart on Saturday is like torture. It's like coffeetalk central!! and you can stand there politely for what seems like forever while neighbors chat away and they just ignore you.

-- The WHOLE family (like someone said, kid falling out of cart, toddler learning to walk, teenager on cellphone...) taking up the entire aisle debating about cereal (or poptarts or yogurt -- whatever).

Last but not least -- unruly children. I have two very active sons -- but they've known for a very long time not to be rude or disruptive in public or we leave. Period. I have taken them out of stores, restaurants, away from parks (left Disney world after two hours once -- but then I DO livein Florida and had passes that year).... you don't know how to behave in public then let's go home and DISCUSS it.

Cheryle

Ohhhh the door thing? When you hold the door open for someone to be polite and people start rushing over and streaming in like they are incapable of opening a door. That one STILL confuses my kids cause they will stand there for wayyyyy longer than I would!!