View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 16:24
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I have no choice but to take my son with me most of the time. I try to shop while he's in school, but it's not always possible. I've had people glare at him, roll their eyes, and nearly run over his wheelchair because THEIR time is more valuable than ours. Tapping your toe as he learns which box of cereal costs more or while he learns to steer a LITTLE more carefully around the big stack of cans really doesn't make us move faster... does it make people feel better, I wonder? I'm teaching him to avoid running into others, but they don't always extend him the same courtesy. I can't count how many times he has to stop, start, stop, start because people can't slow down enough to SEE him. "Excuse me please" SHOULD work, but often doesn't.

Although I wasn't aware there were "traffic rules" for grocery stores, I guess we must violate a lot of them judging by the number of labored sighs I can hear as I try to stay out of the way of all the busy, busy people we're trying not to be run over by. I suppose shopping at midnight would be a good way to avoid the problem....